Need some help from some of you tech guys or others who know.
I have 2012 version of BB with the Forte soft synth downloaded from PG Music. It's run on Windows 7 on my SONY VAIO E Series lap top. I've imputed a bunch of songs that I run directly from my laptop into a mixer amp & speakers. I sing & play guitar with these songs at small venue gigs for elder care facilities, group homes and the like. I now would like to record my voice on the audio track in order to harmonize it. I would then mute one, then sing the other live to the recorded voice, effectively singing a duet with myself. Going through the steps from the manual, when pressing the "Recording Properties" button the "Recording Control" panel doesn't come up. You're supposed to be able to set the recording level for different devices; in my case a USB mic. Instead, a message comes up that says: "No entry found for Mixer or AWE Control" It goes on to say I don't have a SoundBlaster or need to re-install the software. I called PG music up & the person told me just to go ahead, record & just skip that step & everything will likely be OK. Well I have some trepidation & some questions I need to ask: What is a SoundBlaster anyway? Is it just a souped up version of a sound card? Was it supposed to be in BB when I bought it? If not, why is there a SB icon on the main screen? Do I need it? If so, how do I acquire it? Will the sound quality on recorded audio be any less without it? Hope to get answers to these questions. Please talk English as much as possible.
Thanks,
Russ66