Hi Noel...

Thank you so much for your very kind words about this one. Di and I appreciate that very much. As far as the "Rule of Two", no, I've not heard of it in that context.

I spent the first 25 - 30 years of my musical career playing nothing but Country...whatever was contemporary at the time. In Country music, the rule of thumb is "get to the Chorus as close to one minute as possible". I guess that mantra hangs around in the back of my mind when I write in any other genre. But I'll play around with this and try it as you suggested and see how it sounds and feels. Thanks for all the info and suggestions. Also, please feel free to use anything I/we post as an instructional instrument. That's how I learned, by reading about others' mistakes, done ins a respectful way. You are obviously a learned craftsman of the art.

A little off topic, I played nothing but straight Country music from 1963 until about 1995. It put a lot of food on my table and a decently filled wallet. But I always liked other music. Now, I like just about all genres except Gansta Rap (other rap is generally okay) and Shoegaze. Back in the 60's and 70's, COuntry music, for the most part, was 3 or 4 chords, usually predictable. I knew there was a lot more than G-C-D and A7 in music! I love experimenting in new genres and even mixing components from various genres in one song. To give you an idea, some of my favorite singers are Diana Krall, Steve Tyrell, Etta James, Tony Bennet, Lou Rawls and Ray Price.

Wishing you the very best,

Al and Di

BIAB 2024 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win11*16GB DDR5*Rhyzen 9745x*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120* Acoustic/Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops