I have the UltraPak "Audiophile Edition" on the external hard drive, and have been really getting into practicing along with Band-In-A-Box. I play several instruments, but currently I'm concentrating on the flute; I started on it in April of last year. So I still consider myself a beginner on the flute, and I realize I have a lot to learn. Part of my progress so far on the instrument has to be credited to BIAB... I have so much fun playing Real Book tunes with BIAB that I can sometimes play for hours and forget about the time. :-)

I've recently been rehearsing with a vocalist (Paula) who is a very good jazz singer, and I think we're going to work well together as a duo, with BIAB as our backing combo. One thing that is great about BIAB is the ability to generate separate .wav files for each instrument. I've taken some BIAB songs and rendered the audio to .wav files (using all RealTracks), and imported these to a DAW called Reaper (highly recommended). I've recorded flute and vocal tracks along with the imported BIAB instrument tracks on several standards, and created a MySpace page to showcase these tunes. You can listen to my current material at the following page:

http://www.myspace.com/elegancemusicinfo

All of the rhythm section instruments were originally generated by BIAB and transferred to Reaper for multitracking, recording and mixing. I'll let you folks be the judge, but I feel that the quality of these mixes is in large part the result of being able to use the RealTracks in my mixes. Hats off to Peter Gannon & the PG Music developers for creating such an outstanding piece of software.. And I haven't even scratched the surface of its capabilities yet.

I'll also be using BIAB as my accompaniment (live) on upcoming gigs, both as a soloist, and with my vocalist as a duo. Fun stuff!

Regards,
Doug