Originally Posted By: Mac
Since I use software synths and MIDI controllers with ASIO4ALL and BiaB on my laptop when travelling and very rarely have any issues with that, I'm thinking that the odd man out in your setup is the Pianoteq software.

So that is what I'd be investigating if I were you, maybe there are internal Settings inside the Pianoteq that need to be tweaked, or something like that.

To be positive that is the case, I'd temporarily invoke *other* MIDI software synths and test the latency with BB and those other synths with the setup, for if all the other software synths can be made to work without the latency issue, then the Pianoteq software would definitely be the place to investigate this.

--Mac

Mac, I missing something about what you're suggesting. To clarify - Both BIAB and Pianoteq use ASIO4All. However, I DON'T run them at the same time. IOW, I'm running Pianoteq as a standalone, NOT as a VST plug-in, and not at the same time that I'm running BIAB. So, I don't see how Pianoteq would be interfering with BIAB in any way. (Maybe I'm missing something though....).

I don't particularly want to continue playing with settings inside BIAB. (As I mentioned earlier, I'm just tired of it....). But I'm willing to try to experiment with another MIDI software synth to verify your point, if that's still reasonable based upon what I just explained about how I'm using Pianoteq. What specific software synth would you suggest trying? - Is there one that's available as a free demo?

Thanks.

Kawai VPC1 MIDI Controller; Asus A53E Laptop running Windows 7 - 64 bit; BIAB 2017 UltraPlusPak (upgraded from 2014 EverythingPak), running from Laptop's Hard Drive.