Hey Solidrock, Thanks for the reply.

Because you posted two different messages, I'm a little confused. A few questions before I try your suggestions:

1. You posted about 2 different files (a file from ftp.steinberg.net and the Realtek ASIO driver). Are you suggesting that I install BOTH, or try the "Steinberg" alone first, and then install the Realtek driver if the first one alone doesn't do the trick? Or only try them one at a time?

2. Will either of these negatively effect ASIO4All which I'm successfully using with Pianoteq (standalone)? Is it OK for a Win7 system to have all 3 files (the Steinberg file, the Realtek file, and ASIO4All) installed concurrently, or is this asking for trouble?

3. Can any of these files be uninstalled easily thru Windows Uninstall function, if need be?

If any of these are successful, I wouldn't need to looks for a hardware solution (and save me some $$$, which is always good).

Thanks!

Kawai VPC1 MIDI Controller; Asus A53E Laptop running Windows 7 - 64 bit; BIAB 2017 UltraPlusPak (upgraded from 2014 EverythingPak), running from Laptop's Hard Drive.