Originally Posted By: solidrock
The A53E should have Realtek audio, you can try this Realtek ASIO Driver: Realtek_ASIO_driver_v1.0.0.1.zip
You can adjust latency with the RTASIOCP.exe, might have to right click Run as Admin in Win7 ?
In Audio Stetting choose ASIO > Realtek

Register 32 bit
copy RTHDASIO.dll file to C:\Windows\System32

goto C:\Windows\System32 click on cmd.exe

at prompt type RegSvr32 RTHDASIO.dll

to un-register RegSvr32 /U RTHDASIO.dll

Restart

Register 64bit
copy RTHDASIO.dll file to C:\Windows\SysWOW64

goto C:\Windows\SysWOW64 right click on cmd.exe run as admin

at prompt type RegSvr32 RTHDASIO.dll

to un-register RegSvr32 /U RTHDASIO.dll

Restart

Solidrock - I did manual installations of both the DirectX ASIO DLL and the Realtek Audio DLL. Latency is about the same (but I do get sounds now when I hit the keys on my keyboard), and there are two other issues:

1.) I get a message that says: "The currently installed soundcard driver does not support Direct Sound Input. Audio Recording is not possible." when I'm in the MIDI/Audio settings dialog in BIAB.

This is confirmed in the Windows Sound settings which indicates that there is no recording device installed. (It shows "No audio devices installed" under "Record"). It has always been this way with this laptop. Am I missing some kind of sound input driver?

2. In terms of adjusting the latency using the "RTASIOCP.exe" file - Exactly where should that file be installed? When I highlight Realtek ASIO, then click on "ASIO Driver Control" in BIAB, I either get nothing popping up or a yellow "Error" box. I think that's because this "RTASIOCP.exe" file isn't where it should be.

Can you (or anyone) provide any insights to these questions?

Thanks!

Kawai VPC1 MIDI Controller; Asus A53E Laptop running Windows 7 - 64 bit; BIAB 2017 UltraPlusPak (upgraded from 2014 EverythingPak), running from Laptop's Hard Drive.