Any midi controller should work with BIAB. However most guitars claiming to have built-in midi only include a hex pickup and a Roland (not midi) standard 13 pin connector for use with a hex to midi converter box. The midi converter box traditionally also includes midi sound module or synth audio output in addition to midi output.

Another solution is adding midi capability to an existing guitar. The Fishman Triple Play is the newest addition to this product family and is receiving good reviews.

Third option is a purpose built guitar midi controller. Casio owned this product family in the eighties and early nineties but currently offer no products which is really sad because they offered some good and affordable products. The only product I currently know of in this family is Inspired Instrument's YouRock Guitar, also called the YRG-1000. It offers both din (five pin) and USB midi out connections. Editor software is available for firmware upgrades and customization.

Both the Fishman Triple Play or YouRock guitar might suit you and are available from Guitar Center or Musician's Friends online for about $300 US.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home