If you live in a big city, like l dId for most of my life...in Chicago...
When Frank D'Rone, one of the greatest singers and jazz guitarists, left for NYC to perform in the finest jazz Bistros, I decided to pick one of the best professional voice coaches to attempt to improve my vocal control.

It was money well spent, as she was great guiding me through songs from Broadway, and especially ones that were very popular for singers who wanted to perform live, in bistros and other professional type targeted venues which were draws for the good-sized audiences that were "out there"...

Big Towns with dozens of bars, cocktail lounges, including Bistros, where the patrons came to listen to great tunes, and the jazz accompayist, who was usually the same woman or man...like Nat King Cole's brother, who I believe is still gigging at the Windemere West hotel, in Chicago.

I've been listening to one of Shirley Horn's streaming albums that I have streaming down in the background!!
I'm listening to the coolest rendition of "Chestnuts Roasting On An Open Fire", that I've heard since Mel Torme wrote it.
And now she's into "Black Magic"....'i hear your name, and i'm aflame'...and every time your lips meet mine...down and down i go...round and round I go...
In a spin, lovin that spin i'm in...under that ol Black Magic calle love"!!!

Come FLY WITH ME...COME TAKE OFF WITH ME...THERE, INTO THE BLUE!! OF COURSE MY FAVORITE FROM SHIRLEY IS, "ESTATE"!

Last edited by GDaddy; 03/27/14 11:58 AM.

Yamaha...Motif ES-8, Motif Rack, CS6X
Korg...Karma,Triton Classic, PA-80, M-1+
AkaiSampler-S5000, Roland.. X5080 Rack/G-1000 Arranger
Various Guitars/Basses Amps Pedals Rec.Equip.

Plus, BIAB 2015 and Sonar Platinum 2015 Upgrade from Cakewalk's Sonar X-3