Originally Posted By: 90 dB

In the real world (not the theoretical one), one cannot “... adjust the mix.... bass, highs, level, to any club/venue situation easily with the tone controls on the PA mixer board...” without interrupting the performance; never a good thing.

you took my words totally out of context by leaving off 4 words which refer to the paragraph above it. The preceding paragraph sets the proper context for what comes next.

If you are going to quote me, attempt to get the context right next time so you are not misquoting me in this manner.

here's what I said:

This goes back to the beginning of the process.... it starts when you are recording the tracks. It continues as you enter the mix down stage, and continues through the polishing and exporting and final audio editing stage. At the end, when you export the wave, it should already be at or very near it's final volume level and consistent with everything else you have exported. If it's off noticeably, you should reevaluate what's going wrong.

With that goal accomplished, you can adjust the mix.... bass, highs, level, to any club/venue situation easily with the tone controls on the PA mixer board, and with consistent levels throughout, you aren't grabbing and adjusting the volume control on every song.

IN OTHER WORDS: If you get a consistent mix from one song to the next while mixing in your studio, you can SAFELY set the level, and the tone controls ONE TIME and since the songs are consistent from one to the next regarding EQ and volume, there will be no need to adjust it again during the show.

(edited for spelling)

Last edited by Guitarhacker; 04/03/14 04:46 AM.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.