You have lots of choices. As for the folders, let each program install into its default folder. SONAR uses many, actually. BIAB uses C:/bb

For BIAB, you could install the entire program to your external drive and run it from there. You would then be able to delete the entire C:/bb folder.

As a partial move, you could move the RealTracks and RealDrums folders to the external drive and then go into Preferences, RealTracks and Preferences, RealDrums and point to the new location. If you do this, leave everything else in C:/bb because there are many .STY, .ST2 and .XT2 files you must still have in the folder where the program runs from. This is the way I have mine installed. However, I do not recommend this solution if you have any hesitation about your ability to manipulate files on your computer.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors