This may sound a bit unusual but I would like to ask.

When one opens a BIAB file to play, when you click on the play button, BIAB will then initialize all the parameters for that file. If you look in the title bar at the top of the screen you can see a bunch of messages going by very quickly indicating that BIAB is opening the file. It usually take a few seconds. Then, after that initial short wait, the file begins to play. Every time you want to play the file after that, when you press play, BIAB will immediately play the file. The only time one has to wait is when you open it initially.

I plan on possibly purchasing some programmable pedals from PI Engineering. Here is the scenario illustrating how I would like to use the pedals. On the piano, I would play an intro to a tune. Then at a particular moment I would like to step on the pedal and have the tune start immediately with out having to wait for the initialization time. I am fairly certain that the programmable pedals would be able to open and load the file that I choose, as the program merely activates keystrokes that you record into the macro program. Question is: how could I record those keystrokes but not have BIAB play immediately after loading/initializing the file?

Is there a preference somewhere that I could check which would load the tune but not immediately play it until the user clicks on play again?

Thanks,
Dan smile