Hi, I am finally getting the time to get out and jam a bit. To maintain this activity I am practicing 2/3 hours a day. I have allocated an hour to cycle through an ever expanding list of songs using BIAB. To communicate with other jamming partners (and potential future jamming partners) I have the songs I can do on Facebook in 4 categories.
1/ Can play all parts including melody and solos:
2/ Working on. Can do all parts within 1 week:
3/ Can do basic rhythm and comping:
4/ Can do basic rhythm and comping with a lead sheet at sight on any song that is no faster than tempo 160 with chords occurring no faster than 1 per bar. Solos may be possible if the chords are fairly easy.

So the idea is this. By letting others know, what parts I can and can not do, we can coordinate to increase the number of songs we can jam together (more variety for more interesting jams) and also better target what we want to practice. In other words if so and so is doing this song maybe I should learn it or at least learn the chords first and post that I can do this much for now.

Here are the questions.
How do I easily tell a new or existing jamming partner what chords I am using without emailing the BIAB files one by one? How do I invite a new person to jam while at the same time giving them the songs list and the chords I am using to play that song (and the melody for that matter)?

One idea is to store the BIAB files to the songs I am playing in a web site others can download from.

More questions.
What site? Do I need a separate web site for the songs list and the BIAB files? Do I need a single zip archive or can I have them split out into one file per song? Can I give out a link that takes people right there? Can I make it an easy link such as "www.whatever.com\JohnBowles\BIAB\" where they can see all the BIAB song names in alpha order. Can I put a comment on each song to show what parts I can play "example: Misty-75:RC, Four-150,RCMS (R=Rhythm, C=Comps, M=Melody, S=Solos)" Can I make it read only so it cannot get hacked? Can I give the link or the directory a password so only the jamming partner can get at the BIAB files.

Thanks,
John

Last edited by bowlesj; 04/20/14 04:26 AM.

John Bowles
My playing in my 20s:
https://www.reverbnation.com/johnbowles