Originally Posted By: Ulrich
Jim,

thank you very much for your precious hint! That's really what I need in playing worship songs in our church services.

The only thing is:

It doesn't work (on my laptop and keyboard).

Well - the song loads and pauses - waiting for the next key stroke.
But then the melody played along on the thru part is completely out of time sync. It takes seconds until the thru part is to be heard! The other parts start as they should - immediately.
No problems when I play the song without the pausing.

Do you have to have the melody playing on the thru part? I use BIAB to lead praise and worship in my place of worship but have never felt the need to do that. The instrument I play "live" is connected directly to the sound system and is totally independent of BIAB, so there are no time sync issues.

Originally Posted By: Ulrich
Maybe this is related to another problem I encounter since years with the conductor functions (from beginning of this feature):
when I jump to another section, the Real-Styles (not the Midi-Styles nor the RealDrums!) seem to ignore the jump command. When I jump to the end for example, the RealStyles continue - and then, after the rest of the parts have come to the requested end, abruptely they come to a sudden end.

The conductor problem only is with the RealStyles.
But the paused start problem is also with Midi-Styles.

Do you have to use the conductor function? I never use it. I understand that not using it means giving up the ability to spontaneously repeat a section of the song with the "band." What I do instead is occasionally repeat part of a song after the band has finished and the song has ended; then I go back and do part of the song again using only the instrument I am playing, usually at a slower tempo. Sometimes I program a repeated section and label it as a reprise of the song and have BIAB play that reprise version after the full song. That way I can repeat part of the song with "the band" and still have my footswitch work the way I want.

Perhaps you could find other ways around these difficulties, but that's where I would start - by eliminating the problems. It's a matter of priority; for me, it is more important to start the song with a footswitch without delay than it is to use the conductor or play the melody through.

Blessings,
Jim