Originally Posted By: fgrittner
Mr Dano,

When I referred to "architecture" I was referring to the BIAB for MAC program, not the OS X. I am saying that the way the current BIAB is written, there are no options for using Audio Units or VSTs INSIDE BIAB. Yes, you can do some virtual hookups outside the program but that is clunky. Why do you think we can't record an audio track on the MAC version? That would seem an essential feature yet it has not happened. I would surmise that PGMusic puts most of its resources into the Windows version, because that is the predominant market.

I don't think recording is an essential feature. Mac's come with Garageband.....for free. Why not just use that superior product instead of Band in a Box? The way it works now is perfect. You can use BinaB to generate backgrounds, and if you want to record, load up Garageband and drag the audio tracks in there and you are good to go.

Why do they need to include recording which would be way inferior to Garageband? It seems like a HUGE waste of resources and time to reinvent the wheel.

And VST support is pointless. AU support......again, you have Garageband which is FREE. It can do the AU stuff or just use different midi sounds if you import a track into it.

Quote:
It seems the MAC version is in a Catch-22 situation. It can't become more popular until it adds many of the features in the Windows version, yet because the yearly updates for the MAC provide few of these features, potential buyers either don't buy the MAC version or opt instead to run Windows on BootCamp or on a separate computer.

I think that is BS. The biggest problem I have found is that people still think BinaB is midi only. They remember the cheesy midi sounds, and kind of laugh off the program. When they actually HEAR what the RealTracks sound like and what the program can do now.....they are floored. I can't think of any features I'd want in the Mac version that the PC has. I'm perfectly happy with what it does.

I used the Windows version until 2010, when I went to the MAC full-time. I like the MAC version because I don't need the features the original poster mentioned. I find it rock solid. [/quote]

Musician, Polymath, Google Jedi, Apple Master, Windows Wrangler and Digital Wizard. High ratings in Nerd-fu & Geek-fu.

M1 Mac Mini, MacBook Pro Touchbar 15", Intel 27" iMac, M1 Mac Mini
https://musician.social/@ericdano