I will work out a chord progression and/or lead first, usually on a guitar. I then put the chord progression into BiaB and play around until I get a style or styles that I like. I use the plugin mode to transfer everything over to Sonar. In Sonar I will either tweak the BiaB arrangement to my liking, it’s easy as I work mostly with MIDI, or I will replace some tracks with my playing. Sometimes I will bounce back and forth between Sonar and BiaB a couple of times to get exactly what I am looking for by adding or replacing MIDI tracks, styles or RTs.

I am also not a big fan of the melodist when it comes to generating complete melodies. However I have found it to be a very valuable tool for stimulating ideas. That is I will generate a complete lead line and most all of the time I will find a few measures that can become my main theme. Sometimes both a verse and chorus idea can come from one melodist generation.

But because BiaB is such a powerful program the above is not in stone! Sometimes what ever BiaB gives me is perfect as is. Sometimes I will just input chords, select a RT style and just jam along with the pros, i.e. mega-fun!

One thing to remember with Biab is that there is no one workflow that fits everyone. Everybody may have a different workflow. Just don’t forget to experiment with BiaB. You may be surprised at what you find.

I just posted a selfie and all of the responses were get well soon!

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware