90 dB,

Your example actually proves my point about the car companies. No, they didn't give cars away for free, but GM started the zero percent financing idea and within a couple of weeks, every other car manufacturer followed suit. It's now something that isn't common, but hauled out now and then to spark the market.

I tip my hat to you and others who are true professional musicians here on the forum, making your living as a performing musician. I certainly don't have the b@lls to give it a try - I'm fairly certain I would fail miserably compared to my source of income - which is interestingly related to your forum handle as I think we've PMed about before.

My point about S&D is that the selfie culture, enabled by technology, has driven that cross-over point of those supply and demand curves right down to zero as supply of those willing to play for the attention of others (not for pay, they have some other job that pays their bills. That does unfortunately drive that crossover down to very low points - free even.

That's all I have been trying to say in my posts.