Originally Posted By: musiclover
Originally Posted By: raymb1
Notes, your post just about covers everything. I'll repeat again, good players will always find gigs, bad ones, for the most part, will play for free or next to nothing. Later, Ray

Totally missing the point yet again, The so called bad player playing for free, probably doesn't care a damm about getting paid and probably is enjoying himself more than the so called pro and I use that term loosely.

90db your demo sounds great, great upbeat sound.

I have nothing against backing tracks use them in biab when I try writing a song.

The only thing is probably a track has to be muted or drowned out when a person is playing live, and the muted or drwoned out track may have a better part than the actual instrument player on stage.

But what the hell, its better to be seen playing something, else you are just a singer.

Isn't called show business for nothing.

Musiclover

I'm not missing any points. Notes has already covered all of them. I've made a decent living playing piano for over 50 years. I work solo, trio, quartet, quintet and big band gigs. BIAB is included on my solo gigs. I've seen too many places where club owners will get bad entertainment just to save some of their budget. Those bad musicians who are playing free or next to nothing are depriving qualified musicians of gigs. I'm done with this thread. I don't anyone's position on free vs pay will be changed. Later, Ray

Last edited by raymb1; 05/28/14 09:13 AM.

Asus Q500A i7 Win 10 64 bit 8GB ram 750 HD 15.5" touch screen, BIAB 2017, Casio PX 5s, Xw P1, Center Point Stereo SS V3 and EWI 4000s.