Anyone have any good resources for mixing? I think I capture a good signal but I don't really know where to go from there. Very new at this. I grew up in the 80's with hair bands and I think everything needs more reverb. I don't fully understand compression and what it can do for me.

I have seen some videos on mixing but often way over my head with plugins. To begin with, I just need to know where/how to "park" (don't know the correct terms either) something in the mix. I see/hear a lot on putting things in different frequencies to separate them or make them stand out, but I don't know how to listen and determine the proper settings. I guess the EQ thing is what I need most. There has to be a roadmap somewhere to get started. Like begin with drums, then add bass, etc.

Often the mix that BIAB creates sounds much better than it does after I "make improvements" to it. I listen to each individual track, make adjustments to make it what I like to hear, but when it all comes together it sounds like a junior high school garage band.

Anywhere to go for a seminar on the basics?