Hi Guitarhacker, thanks for your comments and I did not find them to be too harsh. In fact, you nailed it. I agree with everything you say. Regarding NSAI, Rudy is a member. He is a member of many professional songwriting organizations. Professionally, he collaborates with other songwriters a lot. As Alan noted in his post, he sometimes uses cliches. In fact, we tease him in calling him the king of cliches. He scours papers, billboards, restaurant menus and nearly everything else to find little sayings or cliches as song idea. Through collaboration, his professional work is at higher standard than this particular piece which he probably wrote in just a few minutes those years ago when he had the idea to write something about my daughters distress at finally leaving the nest. I think I posted after your comment that this song's audience will be family and friends and not pitched for today's country audience. I originally missed the mark on my musical decisions and just put this up on the forum for members to listen and offer suggestions before I complete the project.

I appreciate your comments.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.