I am a little pedantic about producing lead sheets that are easy to read and I have this printing problem that I just don't seem to be able to remedy.

Whenever I am printing lead sheets for my band, I like to have a "New Line each 'part marker'". I do not like it when a Tag starts in the middle of a line. When using the normal print button "Print" to enter Print Options, my preference is easily accomplished by setting the "Opt" (Print Options) appropriately and it prints fine.

Most of the settings in the "Opt" screen seem to carry over into printing when you are using the green buttons to enter lead sheet mode and you get another chance to change them if necessary. The 'new line' instruction also holds good when you go into lead sheet mode but not if you have the "Fake Sheet" box checked. Then it insists on putting the same number of bars (4 in my case) on each line, irrespective of the instruction about part markers.

Now it seems to me that the most useful fake sheets show just one chorus with repeat marks (also with multiple lines of lyrics), and then the Tag STARTING ON A NEW LINE! For that you need to have the "Fake Sheet Mode" ticked. But even if you have the necessary instruction in Lead Sheet Options (by ticking "Fake sheet including ending bars"), I cannot get a print with all part markers starting on a new line.

Is there something I am failing to understand? Or is it just a quirk in the program?

Grah Jive Talk
"Don't worry baby, they'll swing their arses off."