I am interested in knowing how many of you BIAB users have recorded original songs (primarily using BIAB) and then SOLD those songs on iTunes or CDBaby.

A little further explanation: I am currently engaged in a songwriting project creating songs that are meant for singing in progressive Christian churches. In other words, I write liberal, modern day "hymns" meant to be played by "worship bands" in churches. The purpose of recording the music is to create a resource for real musicians and church leaders to use for their programs. This is a different style of writing than the singer/songwriter or original band songs that are written to get air time or be listened to in their own right. Writing hymns/church songs is more like writing a score or piece of music for a film. Or maybe even a bit like writing a jingle! That is, the music is not simply a piece of creative and inspiration art, it is created with a specific purpose and within defined parameters, and with the purpose of conveying a message, or equipping people to express an idea by singing it.

So my question to the BIAB community is really 2-fold. 1) are there any of you singer/songwriter types who have written some original music and then "published" your BIAB recordings through a commercial medium (like iTunes, CDBaby etc). And 2) do you think it is possible to use BIAB recordings (rather than studio productions) to publish songs through iTunes or CDBaby as "demos" for the purpose of teaching songs for congregational singing to musicians leading music in churches (assuming the chord chart, tabs, etc will also be provided via on a web site).

One final thing - my question is not whether it is a good marketing strategy - there is a separate plan to make people aware of the music and how to get it. The question is: Are BIAB recordings "good enough" to sell commercially as downloads, in general, and more specifically, for the application that I have described. (All of this assumes quality songwriting and skillfully created rendition of the song in BIAB).

Thanks in advance for sharing your opinions and experience in this topic.