Band-in-a-Box and RealBand can be somewhat difficult to grasp in the beginning.. I've had several false starts myself and it would surprise me if others have not experienced beginner's blues. However the same can be said about almost any hobby.

Welcome to the forum and welcome back to PG Music. The quick answer is there have been many changes from the 2010 edition to 2014. As far as I can tell most forum members seem to consider 2014 to be both significant and worthwhile. From what I remember from the upgrade instructions the 2011 and 2012.5 upgrades were also significent so it's likely you're at least three significent upgrades behind. Sales Support can best advise you in that regard.

Having said that I must mention there's nothing wrong with learning and using what you already have. Several forum members continue to use editions older than yours with excellent results so help is still available through the forum. PG Music support also can answer questions about prior editions..

Cost is normally a consideration. PG Music "normally" releases new editions (for Windows computers) in December and offers tremendous discounts. All I'm suggesting is why not learn what you have until then.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home