Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Hi soolan,

I'm with Matt: if you do not frequently reboot your computer, it's time to do so. It's the only way to guarantee that all memories are cleared of data that can cause issues like you're experiencing.

Regards,
Noel

With great respect to all - if you have to reboot the computer, it's because there is a problem in the design of the software, poorly functioning operating system, memory faults, etc.

I also work with design of applications for real-time processing. We have computers running mission critical real-time applications for process control systems, they include networking, data sharing, event reporting and more and the only time they are rebooted is due to a Hardware Fault or scheduled Preventative Maintenance. Other than that, they can run without being rebooted for years. They run 24 x 7, non-stop continuous processing. And they run Windows.

C'mon. Periodic rebooting doesn't 'fix' any problems, it just makes them go away for a short while... Really.

Not saying that rebooting won't give the O/P a solution. And certainly not saying that BiaB is causing the problem. Just sayin' that if everything worked properly, it shouldn't be necessary in the first place. We've proved that with our own applications.

Just my 2c

Trevor,

How often to you start your personal/home computer from a full shutdown?

Also, in my opinion, you've been incredibly fortunate if you've never had to shutdown your home computer and restart it because something wasn't behaving correctly. My Audigy soundcard often refuses to co-operate and the only way I can restore its functionality is to reboot.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024