Originally Posted By: Noel96

Trevor,

How often to you start your computer from a full shutdown?

Also, in my opinion, you've been incredibly fortunate if you've never had to shutdown your home computer and restart it because something wasn't behaving correctly. My Audigy soundcard often refuses to co-operate and the only way I can restore its functionality is to reboot.

Regards,
Noel

Hi Noel

Re: Audigy Soundcard problems

Well this is the point I was trying to make. If everything worked properly, there should be no need to reboot. Your Audigy soundcard is a perfect example of what you have found that causes some of these problems that you experience. Rebooting doesn't 'fix' this kind of problem, it just hides it for a while.

My comments are directed more at the software / hardware development people, and definitely not at the end users (you and me) who have to suffer these problems.

I need to be careful to highlight that the O/P's problems might be caused by something totally unrelated to the PG Music software too.

In my industry we would have (mainly Windows) computers that have run continuously for more than a year (some much more) without ever being restarted, and without ever demonstrating any problems. That's what we should expect to achieve with well written software and reliable hardware.

I'm sorry if I didn't make that point very well and hope you and others didn't think it was directed at the worthy suggestions of any of the excellent contributors to the forum. That was certainly never intended.

Cheers!

Trevor

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones