Any piece of software that crashes by simply attempting to save a file the user has created is far from brilliant. It's junk. It doesn't need to be intuitive, just usable. Especially when you want $600 for it.

Having used the program for a few years, I have experienced some crashes as well. In almost every case, it was “pilot error”, and not the program. I suspect that this is true in your case as well. There are thousands of people using these programs every day, and producing some very good music with them. I'd be willing to bet that you didn't install it properly, or as Noel said, there is a conflict with your AV software. PG's customer support is without peer, but a word of caution: lose the nasty tude when you speak to them. They are Canadians, and unaccustomed to rudeness. grin

I don't care about those pieces of music. They more than likely were recorded with real musicians in a professional studio environment and/or venue. I'm not stupid. I'm a merchant myself. I don't pull those kinds of tactics but I am well aware they are used to sell products which couldn't possibly produce what a person is hearing. Not unless the person is professionally trained as a sound engineer. And even then...maybe.

The music on the User Forum is all created with BIAB, by actual users, not PG Music.

I've spent the last 30+ years recording and producing music. I know what it takes and how it's done. I was looking for an application that could possibly cut down the workload when it comes to laying out rhythm tracks. I thought that app might be BIAB, but so far all I've seen is a program that is extremely incompatible on a PC. Errors everywhere and crashes out of the blue. Not to mention destroying already installed software that it shouldn't even mess with.

You can lay down excellent rhythm tracks with real musicians (RealTracks) playing in a matter of minutes with BIAB. Plenty of folks do, and most of them aren't professional musicians or producers.

I will spread the word about these products being unstable. People have a right to know before they shell out their hard earned dollars. It's called ethics. It's an old-fashioned term those over the age of 40 were brought up with and try to live their lives by. Google it.

So, spreading the “word” by slandering a product you cannot install properly or operate is ethical? grin