Floyd and Guenter: I just knew I couldn't casually sneak those horns past the likes of you two. My text intro to Catwalk had gotten too long, so I figured I'd wait for the inevitable and then respond.

This summer I had - hang on for it - one actual gig ! I hope I spelled it right, it's been that long. One tune in a concert of many performers. Catwalk has a fearsome rep as a crowd-pleaser, so I suggested to my buds, "Yeah, let's do that one."

In order to recreate the tune for the Forum, I had Eddie Street (ts), Joe Sarno (tpt), Ron Brown (tb) and Willie Gomes (lp) record their parts in a garage (acoustics not so good). I couldn't coordinate with the others so I redid the piano and bass parts myself. The guitar solo is pretty much what I played at the concert.

The drums are a combination of several RD's with a lot of editing to get the syncopation, swinging, rock and latin parts positioned correctly.

After a brief, futile effort to get BIAB to cope with it, I gave up and decided to work on just the RealDrums. All the trial and error took the most time, but I'm just as interested in finding tunes that BIAB can't handle as the ones that it can.

Once again, I'm really glad you liked it!

Dean