First of all..... get Carbonite. Its an "in the cloud" backup solution. Cost is about $60 a year IIRC for a personal subscription. Backups are automatic.

I will tell you this..... I have it on my computers as a business plan. Costs more but covers more too. My business computer DIED....and yes.... I too become the proverbial DEAD MEAT..... I can not imagine trying to recover from a catastrophic crash..... but there I was faced with that very situation. All my business and financials gone in a dead computer.

I bought a new computer, logged into my Carbonite account, and did a "data restore" and let the computer run. I selected the important biz files to download first.....then went out and did something else for a while. When I returned, ALL my biz files were back and working perfectly.

So if you fear a crash and loss of data through crash or theft..... get Carbonite. It will save the day.

Second. Unless you are, like me, where my DAW is totally off line..... why not use a network cable/switch to connect and transfer the song data? Faster and easier.

Third. Unless the programs and plugs in both computers are 100% alike..... you will get missing fx and patches that seem to be missing or not saved. I get this kind of a situation ALL THE TIME when I work across the internet with others. Even though we have the same DAW, the plugs and patches are almost never the same.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.