I just read the description of the technology on the website. This is really nothing new. In fact, I had my cheapo Panasonic home stereo set like this after reading how to do it in the liner notes of Brian Eno's "Ambient" series.

You can try this yourself if you have a stereo amp and some spare speakers with which you don't mind experimenting.

Here's the gist of it with ingredients required (you can probably look this up on one of Eno's sites or google it, but this is from memory)

Wire up a 3rd speaker using the + leads from both your left and right speakers or at the amp.

Put this 3rd speaker across the room from where you have the L/R speakers set up.

What will drive this 3rd speaker is the uncommon content sent to the L & R speakers. Normally, this is mostly mid to high frequency data, so this 3rd speaker really doesn't need to have much low frequency handling capability. If I remember correctly, my 3rd speaker was a little oval job with a whizzer cone that I scavenged out of a TV someone was throwing out on trash day. I didn't even have it in a cabinet. I had it suspended from the drop ceiling in the room I had this setup in.

On personal account I can vouch that this WILL increase the amount of space in your room where you are getting spatial imaging, compared to a traditional stereo speaker setup. It won't be as much as Quadrophonic sound for you 8-track fans, but it is quite noticeable, and particularly noticeable because mid-high frequencies are what our brain uses for localization of sound, and this technique does give more data to work with for your hearing system in terms of where it's localized in the room.

I had this setup for probably 5 years before I moved from that location, and in that move made a significant bump up in my home stereo gear compared to the Panasonic all-in-one unit.

If you read the claims closely, it does not state that the power level/volume is the same across the stage, rather that the stereo image is preserved across the stage - there's a big difference in stating that imaging is preserved, rather than volume levels being the same across the stage. I would believe the former can be true.

Actually, I just found Eno's description of this: http://music.hyperreal.org/artists/brian_eno/onland-txt.html

Give it a try - it is pretty cool in how it works. This cabinet and speaker wiring in the aforementioned center-point-stereo is using almost the same concept.

Last edited by rockstar_not; 10/01/14 09:55 PM.