I don't think the article was putting down anyone. I think it was very balanced showing both sides. So Herb if by "you" you mean me then I decline your challenge because...

Personally, I don't mind the technology. I liked Cher's song Believe which started it all. Until it was copied so much it became boring.

In fact there's a long time Country artist who shall remain nameless that since pitch corrected in the early 90's sounds 1000 percent better to me. When it's done right and with care so it doesn't suck the character, emotion and life out I think it sounds good. I think that's her point of it being so seductive - regardless of the program that's used.

Best article I've seen on the subject. I thought the sign on the door in that studio she mentioned was really funny.

The only thing I would've added is that there are still a few genres other than pop and country where it's more about vibe than touchups - at least according to Taxi and it's their business to know. How long that will that last is anyone's guess.

Music always changes - reverb is making a comeback thank God. So who really knows what the future holds.

I think a great mic makes a big difference. But I think the biggest newbie mistake is trying to sing thrown together mediocre lyrics with a boring tossed off melody that's not going to move anyone emotionally whether their voice is pitch corrected or not. JMHO. YMMV. smile

Josie

Last edited by Sundance; 10/05/14 09:34 PM.