Absolutely. Although my question referenced how supporters of the idea that steroids are too much of an advantage would apply that line of thought to musicians, I have wasted more money than I care to think about seeing a performance by a talented and competent artist too drunk to remember the lyrics to his own song. At the same time, there are artists who have lost fortunes to bad decisions made while under the influence of drugs/alcohol only to rehab and comeback and earn another fortune. It goes both ways.

In sports, it's not just steroids. Babe Ruth is nearly as famous for his strikeouts as he is for home runs. I have speculated by questioning was his strikeout record affected by him possibly playing a game either under the influence or hungover from too much drinking the night before to such a degree that his batting was affected. Pure speculation on my part, but also plausible. That's all I'm saying. Nobody that I'm aware of are suggesting that Babe Ruth or Micky Mantle's achievements should be altered because they were known to be heavy drinkers.

The comparison may not be equal but I see no harm in making such a comparison.

Last edited by c_fogle; 10/15/14 10:20 AM.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.