Originally Posted By: c_fogle
Probably every song recorded and released released over 60 years ago by Hank Williams has been covered by other artists. His music is still relevant today and his body of work is still being covered by other artists and not only in the genre of Country.

I guarantee when Hank was alive (and even today) there were plenty of folks who didn't like his music and were sure his work would never amount to anything. And don't forget Hank was promoted and played on the radio so a lot of other music that was just as good or better doesn't stick quite as solidly in our memories!

Quote:

I took this music critics point to be that "Today's" best country, music recorded with the best equipment, best producers and engineers in the top studios in the world by a duo with TWO top ten hit singles, one being NUMBER ONE - and nobody will be covering their material in 60 years. Nobody will remember them or their music in 60 years. They and their music is only good for .... today...

Who Cares? I can honestly say if I was getting hits like Florida Georgia Line I would not give a rat's butt whether my music would still be loved or even known 60 years from now! laugh