Originally Posted By: raymb1
Bob, have you had a chance to play through the SS with BIAB yet? Anxious to hear how that sounds since I have some solo gigs coming up. Ray

Hadn't forgotten about you, I just need some time to set up a proper test. My bedroom where my home studio set up is is way to cluttered to get a good reading of this so I needed to get some adapter gozinta's to go from the headphone out of my home theater amp in the living room because I have a 25' HDMI cable going out there so I can do this sort of thing there as well as in the bedroom. I just sat the Spacestation in the middle of the living room floor in front of the TV using a stereo headphone out going to the SS and played some Biab tunes through it. It sounds really good. The Real Drums are very full, not thin, the bass and everything else is right there like it should be. Depending on your gigs you may or may not need a sub because this little unit puts out a surprising amount of bass by itself.

Also for those who are not keyboard players, here's a couple of vids I found where Aspen is demo'ing a good guitar duo and a nice four piece band with vocal harmony. Since I was messing around with my headphone out anyway I also listened to some of these demos through the cans and it really makes a big difference. His recording setup using his MS mic in the studio to get a live sound really works well through the 'phones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4E7Rg9Suc8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-YXyV8-F3I

I think these two demos show how good this amp is as a PA. Remember this is throwing the sound in a 300 degree dispersion all around whatever space you're in. This works whether you're feeding it a stereo source or not. In that sense it's the same idea as the Bose L1. I've done two gigs where the vocalist had the Bose and it does sound very good but man, the price of those things. This Spacestation does the exact same thing as far as I can tell but it will reproduce true stereo if you have a source and it's $600. Seems like a no brainer to me.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.