Originally Posted By: solidrock
Originally Posted By: 90 dB
...As for making RB a full-featured DAW, I really question whether PG has the juice to compete with Pro Tools, Cubase, Samplitude, Nuendo, et al.?.. Nobody here is mixing pro projects to be delivered to a label...

It won't replace PT but to have something you can work in without out having to go back n forth from PT to RB.

You would be surprised what it has been used on.

"He's a top-notch producer himself, and has actually used BIAB on records and there is no way anyone would be able to tell it wasn't live. It's that good and tight."

No argument. All that I'm saying is that RB would have a long way to go to compete with PT in the real world. If you read the thread I cited from PSW, most labels are expecting Pro Tools for their mixes.
They have a ton of money invested in Avid hardware and software, and need the mixes to translate without any issues.

I love RB, but I record and mix in Sonar. While not nearly as sophisticated as PT, I have a project I'm working on that has 62 tracks at 24 bit with a ton of plugs. Can RB do that? More to the point, should it?

I believe that PG's strength lies in it's MIDI capabilities, and of course, Real Tracks. I think their time and effort would be better spent going to 32 bit and expanding the Real Track and Real Drum libraries.

“...He's a top-notch producer himself, and has actually used BIAB on records...”

Did he use Real Band for the recording and mixing, or dump the BIAB files into Pro Tools? grin

Regards,

Bob