Originally Posted By: Sundance
This is my new fav of yours. Beautiful song. Love the vocal - you've never sounded better.

My only nit and I rarely nit anything is that I don't like the vocal swap in the chorus with Janice taking lead - nothing against Janice because I love her voice - its disconnecting to the listener who's bonded to your lead vocal by then. I think Greg and Horst are right that she's a tad too loud in the mix however I also think Janice should sing the harmony there with you staying on lead.

Absolutely love the song and production.

Josie

I just can't get anything by you! That was the thing that I agonized over. I finally rationalized that the chorus was like a woman and a man singing back to each other. ( The big thing was I couldn't sing the higher melody part with any sort of skill and was required to go to the bench for help ) Consensus has convinced me to revisit it in the future for a remix re Janice's vocal. Your observations always blow me away. You are an important part of my process as I now incorporate a final checklist to include-" What will Sundance find here? " You show a great understanding of all these processes and I appreciate you taking the time to weigh in. Thanks Josie, Tom