Originally Posted By: eddie1261

I would come down to LOOK at real estate. I am starting to hate the northern winters more and more. Now that "Where would I work" is no longer a concern, and with not much holding me here, I may as well explore some options. Even the small group of people I DO call friends communicate with me by text and email, and that can happen from any point A to any point B. So, if I can find a house in a neighborhood that doesn't require my being armed even in the shower, maybe I'll do it. And by now, nothing says I have to own anymore. A rental of a decent condo would be fine as long as it isn't a noisy area full of screaming kids.

And stay off my lawn!

Eddie, in all seriousness... consider Winston-Salem. When I moved here from Pa. in 1985, I drove all over the city looking for "the bad side of town" and couldn't find it. (at least not by the standards from the town I used to live in) We do have all 4 seasons here, but winters are mild (Compared to Ohio). Spring and fall are long and temperate. WS is 3.5 hours from the beach and 1.5 hours to the mountains. Employment here is pretty good... not that you need a job... but it means that money is flowing in case you decide to gig. There are No Alligators here (that I'm aware of).

For such a small town, we have 4 colleges... maybe 5 or 6... Fairly genteel population. People take care of their property for the most part. Its is a very artsy town. Two PGMusic forum members live here, and several more live not far away. The sky is actually blue here about 80% of the time... seriously... rarely overcast. Best of all... Nobody here has EVER told me to get off his lawn!