Z

Don't get frustrated, I'm sure PG is looking at this from a sound business perspective and that ALWAYS includes satisfying as many customers as possible, irrespective of OWS propaganda about business!

But as you so rightly pointed out, at least for the BIAB portion: there is NO COMPETITION. And frankly and factually, there is no real burning need for 64 bit for BIAB. Yes, nice to have and maybe even lead to a few less hic cups here and there.

It could much more easily be argued that RB and PT will soon need to be 64-bit for the ever increasing complex productions and/or multiple memory heavy synths & FX - if they want to keep that business, but even Apple Logic and Pro Tools HAVE LIMITs!

Also If/when (?) PG wanted to expand BIAB to a full 16, or 32, or 64 and beyond "band" instrument set then they WOULD need to go 64 bit, memory alone would clearly become an issue otherwise.

Sixchannel

You are so right at some point WIN 7/8 (and their offspring) will have an end of life support date and this will start all over again.

Every time there has been a major change (DOS to Win 3 to Win 95/98 (not so much) to Win XP (a lot) to WIN 7/8 (modest cost hits) has been a freaking money pit of new HW and SW - not to mention the wasted time reinstalling, reconfiguring, re-learning, and re-hacking to get work arounds for the inevitable gotcha's.

BTW that's why I STILL use mostly external synths, like my guitars and amps they don't care what OS I run!

Larry

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20