Quote:

Why do people keep buying their cards for music?!?!?

Well, mine seems to be working just fine, but then again, I've only got Vista 32. I did not upgrade the drivers. I have it because it natively supports soundfonts. Sure, you can find other soundfont solutions, but just loading the soundfont directly into the sound card's bank slot is the easiest, and when I tell a (non-VSC/non-DX) piece of software to use the soundcard, it then uses my soundfont of choice.

For everything else, I've not had any problems with my XtremeGamer. I bought mine because it was the cheapest true X-Fi card (the XtremeAudio is not a true X-Fi). Of course, it is ironic that the high-end version of the X-Fi is called the Fatality.

I'm not defending Creative, because in the past I've spent several frustrating hours with them on the phone to no satisfaction; I'm just saying that my XtremeGamer seems to work fine under both Vista32 Ultimate SP2 and on my XP Pro SP3 machines.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com