Quote:

Hi,

We had a client yesterday with exactly the same problem as you describe on Vista 64 - we simply uninstalled the download - cleared all traces and re-installed with all applications - virus - spyware etc turned off and it worked as normal

A warning is given to ensure no other application is running as this is a big driver package

The reason Creative calls the X-Fi is called XtremeGamer is because of a rationalisation of the range of cards they had prior to Vista when they had some cards doing almost the same job - they incorporated the best of audio creation and gaming and because gaming was 83% of sales they called it X-F- Xtreme Gamer with the description to state that it replaced the audio creation and gamer features in one card

I have never had a problem with Creative over 8 years of use and we rate it as the best value for money card giving the widest range of features - to date we have installed some 600 cards without problems

jazzman

Hi Jazzman

Well, I must admit I did not shut down my anti virus. I'll give it another go. Is there a quick way to ensure that everything is

ou don't by any chance have a list of files to delete so that I have 'cleared all traces'?

I have been putting up with the slow Shut Down because it is such a pleasure to have the extra Creative software working correctly. Plus - and I don't think this is wishful thinking - the sound seems so much clearer.

Grah Jive Talk
"Don't worry baby, they'll swing their arses off."