Originally Posted By: rharv
Quote:
In Adobe Audition that has NO midi support anymore I can use EZDrummer ..

Think about that for a minute; BiaB (MIDI based) has issues with some plugins.
The other (No MIDI support at all) can use these plugins.
Think there is a fundamental difference? Think this may be why the whole VST thing is an issue?
Nah, probably a coincidence.

This is partially true imho, it's not the "whole VST thing". Note the quote is talking about EZD. The VST problem here is specifically plugs that require a tempo sync with the host like certain drum programs where the plugin itself can generate a drum part. That requires the plug be tempo locked with Biab/RB and that can't be done so yes, there is a VST problem as far as that goes. Note EZD will play fine in Biab as a drum synth playing back midi drum parts. Again this is playing back midi parts NOT creating them. Since Biab itself is one heckuva "creating" program I don't see that as a big issue.

Very few users care about that because Biab has literally thousands of midi drum parts already and then there's the Real Drums. Who needs a third party program to generate a drum part? If you take that out of the equation we're left with "regular synth" VSTi's. The "i" stands for Instrument. Completely different thing, there is not a big problem with VSTi's. All of the big commercial VSTi's like Sampletank, Kontakt, Garritan etc. work fine with Biab/RB unless you need the extra memory that can be used by 64 bit. I just posted about that part of it.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.