I'm okay with the jBridge solution, as it does allow use of 64-bit VST(i)'s. I don't believe that a vendor has to develop every aspect of the application in-house and agreements between companies is okay, as long as the support continues. I purchased jBridge awhile back just for the capability to use 64-bit VSTi's and conversely, to use some 32-bit VSTi's in a 64-bit DAW. With BIAB supporting it natively is awesome.

However, I have also run into some problems rendering files, specifically using 64-bit Kontakt and Session Brass. It works fine for playing a MIDI rendition (playback mode), but trying to get it to render the available riffs based on chords (performance mode) just doesn't work. I can hear the riffs playback fine; it just won't render properly (all I get are sporadic notes). Someone commented that this may be a tempo lock issue, which it may be. Don't know.

The interesting thing is that it "plays" those riffs, it just won't render them. Hmmmm...

The tempo sync would also allow the use of such VSTi's such as JamStix and as Bob mentioned EZD, but won't allow those VSTi's do what they are designed to do because of the tempo sync. Other DAW's support that. This would be a nice capability for RealBand/BIAB to have.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com