Quote:
Question: If you have 24 gigs of ram and you're running a plugin that needs that much can you use it?

Peter: Yes, with jbridge you can use a 64 bit plugin that uses 24GB of memory if you want.

And:

Quote:
The tests I've seen have shown no difference in running time on 32 bit vs. 64 bit. There might be specialized applications that would run faster (or slower) on 64 bit, but for an app like BiaB, I wouldn't see much difference. Audio is 16 bit for example, hard to see how 64 bit benefits things there.

Mal, I don't believe this. What is it with some of you guys?

If you have 24 gigs of ram, you use all 24. There is no speed difference in running 32 bit vs 64 bit. Peter says Biab is using JBridge just fine. WHAT ELSE IS THERE? It's like you're stuck in a rut, saying the same things over and over regardless of what the one person in this thread who really knows everything there is to know about Biab is saying.

You are ASSUMING that just because Biab is 64 bit everything will be mo' better. You have to have some technical evidence of that other than just guessing that it's so. Peter said earlier he doesn't see a concrete reason to go 64 bit yet. He also made the point that audio is still 16 bit. Do you have an answer for that? Sounds like a good point to me. Give him a real, solid, technical reason to do it, not simple stuff like "everybody else is doing it so it must be good".

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.