Ok I'm late to the party on this one but I have a couple of questions. Is the current bar limit in BIAB which I think is 255 (correct me if I'm wrong) a limit imposed by the 32 bit architecture and thus memory limit? Or is it just that the programmers haven't figured out to do that yet? The track count we can currently have playing at one time is I think 7 if you count the melodist and soloist. Is that limit based on 32 bit architecture limitations or just a programming decision.

I ask these questions because everyone is debating whether or not there is any benefit going to 64 bit. If the answer to these questions is the limits are imposed by the 32 bit architecture than I would say yes there would be a benefit. Particularly the bar limit which has been a frequent request over the last few years.

If it's programming then how about we get these done before adding some fancy video editor. Also is the ancient UI (yes its still ancient) a limit of the 32 bit architecture? These are legitimate questions. These are things people have been asking for and since no reason has been given why they have yet to be implemented I think most people think it would take a 64 bit rewrite to get them.

Now in all honesty the program works for what I use it for and if I'm honest with myself I probably don't need a 64 bit version. I will say this though. Despite all the wonderful things this program does it looks old. There are a lot of people who will not buy it because it looks old. The fact that you can't buy a new 32 bit computer by perception alone makes this program old. How many more units could PGM sell if they addressed the UI alone? How much more legitimacy would they gain in the professional audio market?

I love this program, it has allowed me to create music I could never do on my own. If the questions I posed can be addressed in the current 32 bit system then lets get this done. If it requires a 64 bit rewrite to get them then lets get it done and quit moaning about it. Everybody benefits.

The 32 bit version is great and if they stopped developing it today it won't effect any current user. Why all the 32 bit guys are afraid a 64 bit version will somehow change the 32 bit version to no longer work or be available I don't know. It is what it is. The 64 bit would be a new product ( a stand alone product) or at least it should be.