Jeff, I could be completely wrong, but I don't think either of the first two examples you gave are related to the difference between 32-bit versus 64-bit architecture of the application program or operating system.

255 is actually an 8-bit concept. The range from 0 to 255 is 256 total values, expressed as 2 raised to the eighth power. The architecture of the program or operating system has not been the limit for that for many decades, and the answer to why there is the 255 measure limit lies elsewhere.

As for the 7 usable channels, I believe that limit is related to one bank of MIDI that has 16 channels. You may only see 7 but there are more used when you have the guitar broken out into separate tracks for export, and/or use the MIDI harmonies available in BIAB from the pull-down menu. For example, take a look at Preferences, Channels and then click on Harmony. You will see channels 11 through 14 used for harmony. In other words, there goes four more tracks in addition to the more obvious seven that you thought were the limit. MIDI channel 1 used to be commonly used by some programs for control information, so there goes one more...

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors