Originally Posted By: MarioD
As most of you know I am a big proponent for 64-bit and in fact BiaB is the only NEW 32-bit program on my system. I am going to speak for myself but I do believe that many others wanting 64-bit feel the same way I do.

I do not want the current BiaB/RB just converted to 64-bit. I would like a complete rewrite in both 32 and 64 bit that includes but not limited to real support for time signatures other than n/4 (6/8, 12/8, 5/4, 7/4 etc), a better GUI, improved VST and VSTi support, chord input every 16th note, using all 16 MIDI channel as I see fit (MIDI, RTs, thru, MIDI guitar, etc), etc.

I know that this may be impossible with the current PGMusic staff at this time. However they do allow me to respectfully wish for such a rewrite. Thank you for that.

Exactly. Outstanding summation, Mario. To me, this one would be the most important:

"...chord input every 16th note..." cool

I must say that I find it amusing that with a program that does all this one can do, people constantly complain about bit depth, graphics, menus, etc. Sure, every user has a wishlist of changes that would benefit him/her personally. Chord input every 16th would would make BIAB 500% more useful to me, but to someone else? Who knows?

I lack the technical knowledge of the computer experts here (Like Dr. Gannon), so I'm not qualified to voice an opinion on 32 vs.64. In fact, reading this thread gave me a headache. grin

I have been using the program for a few years now though, and I've barely scratched the surface of it's capabilities. It is the greatest songwriting tool every invented.

Now, if it only had chord entry every 16th, it would be the greatest greatest songwriting tool ever! laugh