Aaarrrggghhhh!! (not you 90 DB, you are just the last post I'm attaching to)

I worked with a guy who is famous (in very small closed circles) for saying:

"There is no horse so dead it can't be beat some more"

but even he would think this thread is now bordering on the absurd.

So may as well jump in here - but first let it be known I am above all an unabashed free market capitalist pig (who would have pulled out finger nails - not water boarded), but I digress.

Back to BIAB: that crappy, slow, dodgy, never runs, can't possibly make any music with it (because it looks ugly, duh? Susan Boyle is no model either), POS software which, can't even load ubiquitous terabyte and awesome unlooped side stick rim shots or petabyte sine wave flutes.

OK here's what you do to fix PG's wagon:

1. First, and this is important: only those experienced programmers, who are obviously working on bleeding edge classified real-time SW for LM, Boeing, Raytheon, other, but unnamed, corps., etc., and who have hands-on expertise in AdA and other real-time critical appropriate languages (C++ is NOT - but pretends to be) force PG to go public. (with those qualifications and being tops in your field of writing RT SW - how you folks also have time to write Grammy, CMA, … winning songs is beyond me).

2. Now this group needs to pool your money and buy at least 51% of the now public stock.

3. Then get seats on the board and fire the President (wish I could fire MINE), and fire the CEO, CFO, COO, CPO, CM(usic)O, and all other PG staff.

4. Then hire all new staff (but I guess you do not really need to; because, you are already better than PG staff)

5. Then do a slick re-write so that BIAB looks shiny new like polished chrome and glass. Also make it web based, think first "Open Web DAW" (analogous to Office 360, etc. ). And since you are all that good you can even make it run real-time over the web to sample accurate timing levels so all users can jam together with no lag time (unlike us mortals who can't do this on high speed data links).

6. Also we don’t want to leave anybody out or hamper their ability to modify at will and "have it their way" so may as well make it open source code as well. The plus here is that you have bragging rights over the much vaunted an oft pointed to Reaper because even they don’t have open source code (those money grubbin' has beens).

7. Don’t want to be "behind the times" so this flawless, bug free, complied code should require MINIMUM PC specs (for this 21st century AHAB[iab] "Acerbic Human Arranger of Bands [in a box]) of :"

i7-5960x or better (min clock 4ghz), 32 GB DDR4 3333MHZ RAM, Win 9 (since it's almost here), with MINIMUM HDD access times no less than SOTA solid-state drives (using CY 2014 reference period).

8. Now sell it for a break-even price of (to the scores of users who buy it)? This is all altruistic right?

Larry

Last edited by Larry Kehl; 12/15/14 11:02 AM.

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20