Thanks Andrew,

Sorry this is a bit long but at least one issue may be resolved. Here are my results:

• 1. I selected at random =CATA_BS.STY which has a MIDI piano. I replaced this with Hi-Q 001 01 Piano, Acoustic, Grand Sampletank.tgs. I get “PART 3 : INSTRUMENT NOT FOUND” (solved later – read on) and the track display says Hi-Q etc but stays yellow (don’t Hi-Q instruments have a different colour?). It doesn’t sound Hi-Q so I assume it’s the standard MIDI piano sound. I checked the ST2Pref file and it says

InstrumentPath=E:\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 2.5\

The BIAB folder is at E:\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 2.5\Band-in-a-Box

The reason it’s not on C by the way is that I have been using ST2 for ages with a few existing ST2 modules and I moved its large samples to my E drive so it didn’t use up space on my SSD. I assume the BIAB Hi-Q installer installed the BIAB instruments to my C drive as there was a folder C:\Program Files (x86)\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 2.5\Instruments\Band-in-a-Box so I copied this folder manually to the ST folder on the E drive so that I didn’t have to move my existing libraries. However, since installing the BIAB upgrade and patches I haven’t recopied the folder which is possibly the cause of one of the problems…

The modified date for ‎FattBassSynth PG.stip on my E drive is 20 ‎November ‎2013, ‏‎16:24:34 compared to the one at C:\Program Files (x86)\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 2.5\Instruments\Band-in-a-Box which is ‎26 ‎June ‎2014, ‏‎11:45:40.

So I have now copied the folder with the latest BIAB Hi-Q instruments from C to E and have stopped getting the “instrument not found” error. I have also re-tested RT 206 to 227 and they no longer give these errors either.
  • 2. Ok
  • 3. I get no string track generated same as bartveld. If I substitute RT 2370 I do get a string track.

In the light of 1. and the fact that I now have a larger SSD maybe it's time to move my ST2 libraries back to C. In fact I was hoping to import them into ST3 which is on C anyway. Can the BIAB Hi-Q samples also be imported into ST3 as that would make things a lot neater as I would only need ST3 instead of ST2 and ST3? Although I guess any HI-Q updates would still go to a different location and need re-importing.

Last edited by receder; 12/18/14 12:28 PM.

BIAB 2022 UltraPAK, CbB, Studio One 5 Pro, Fender USA Tele, Harley Benton Fusion & others.