Simple experiment: how about you pick an example set of sounds (piano, guitar, whatever) (move the wma's to some other location that RB can't find then: 1) load RB, and 2) select those RT's (that now ONLY have .wav's) and see if those RT's play?

The supplied Decompress utility ONLY converts WMA to WAV, not vice versa, so RB won't "re-compress" those wav's to wma's. So if you hear the pianos, guitars whatever - then RB is using the wav's in teh above experiment.

As a matter of fact I've read a few places here, over the years, that BIAB and RB always USE WAV. If the WAV isn't there THEN it decompresses the WMA version to WAV (could be wrong on that - Matt is the resident expert on most things Audiophile, and he explained somewhere why there are both WMA's and WAV's in Audiophile sets)

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=273811&page=2

That decompress from WMA to WAV (for us non-Audiophile users we understand the resultant WAV is lower quality than Audiophile counter part) - is why some of us non-audiophile users can take a few very LONG seconds (it's noticeable even when one has a fast processor and HDDs) to load a RT heavy songs: takes a while to run decompression utility on all the involved RT's.

EDIT

I SEE Steve beat me to the "experiment"

Good Luck
Larry

Last edited by Larry Kehl; 12/21/14 08:29 AM.

Win10Pro,i9,64GB,2TBSSD+20TBHDDs,1080TI,BIAB'24,Scarlett18i8,Montage7,Fusion 8HD,QS8,Integra7,XV5080,QSR,SC-8850,SPLAT,FL21&others,Komp.14,IK suite&others, just a guitar player-AXE FX III &FM9T, FishmanTP, MIDIGuitar2, GK2/3'sw/GI20