Originally Posted By: HangdogCat
If do the experiment (relocate the .wmas) on just one folder so as to keep the number of files I have to relocate to a manageable number, then of course RB will use the .wavs in that folder...that's all it has to choose from.

But in order to be sure RB is then using .wavs in all instances, I would have to move all the .wmas out of the relevant BB subfolders. That would be...let me see...umpteen million files. No thanks.

I still think there has to be a setting somewhere to specify the use of .wavs rather than .wmas. If not, I'm hoping a PG rep will chime in here and definitively tell me that it happens automatically.

Thanks to all who responded.

HangDogCat, like others have mentioned, there is no 'user selectable switch' to do this. It's an automatic feature.

I too have Audiophile (starting off with the non-Audiophile version). I have determined, with the right listening equipment, that there is a difference. To assure yourself, you would have to go through the process of moving the 'other' files to a different location. Sort by file type, select all files of that file type, and move, it should only take a few moments (in Move operations, Windows doesn't move the actual files, it just adjusts the directory entry of where they are located).

My understanding is that if there are only WMA and no WAV files available, the program will be using WMA, and visa-versa.

HTH

Trevor

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones