Thanks Peter for the VSTx clarification. I was able to load the 64 bit version of Nectar2 and Eventide's 64bit version of their UltraChannel. The Nectar2 resided in Programs/Steinberg/VST folders and the UltraChannel resided in Programs/CommonFiles/Steinberg/VST2 file.

So I guess I'm good to go. Thanks to everyone who sent advice/and direction. Extending to you all a Best Wishes for the Holidays and for music making in 2015.

P.S.:
And I must agree with Bob/Jazzmammal - I (we?) seem to spend a lot of time trying to figure out how to make all this software work together, time we might be spending on writing and playing songs...

When I started out "making music" I just opened my mouth and the sounds came out in song. Later when I was a teenager I was persuaded to strap on a bass guitar and play rock songs in a garage with four other guys, and eventually play the songs for kids in high school gyms, college fraternity and sorority houses and bars with those four other guys. It was easier then; but it was the Dark Ages, decades before BB/RB set us free to, among other things, re-create those songs practiced in that dusty, old garage. Now I'm using a keyboard, a mouse, and, if I want to, plug-in my bass or guitar and my microphone and sing my songs. Progress...

Thanks for the help,
SonnyRay

Keep on Rockin'
Sonny Ray