My argument, if you read it, was NOT that it is any more or less ethical to steal from corporations than individual composers or their families, but that the original legal intent of copyright was to protect the intellectual property of same. I just believe that when a copyright expires, and is not renewed by the survivors, that the work should immediately enter Public Domain and not become a commodity to be bought and sold by someone who had no stake in the authorship. I also believe there are few families who inherit farms that would allow them to be sold at a tax auction rather than sell the land for SOME financial gain,

Granted, my opinion does not make the current law any less valid, but it DOES affect my ethical sense in terms of whom (and to what extent) I harm should I decide to ignore the law.

Additionally, it would apparently be legal for me to TRANSCRIBE the melodies and enter them in by hand. I have in fact, done so on many occasions, and as good as it is for my ear, at this point it comes down to a matter of convenience and time. It is just a matter of time before polyphonic transcription of audio matures.

Last edited by PhillyJazz; 12/28/14 11:11 AM.

Jan - 12 Core AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
32GB DDR4
Win 10 64-bit
Samsung m.2 SSD Boot drive,other SSD internal and USB drives.
MOTO 2
Ketron SD4,SD1000
Yamaha RX-v381amp
VB-Audio virtual cables